March 19, 2005

Spots and Places

Met Eric yesterday at the Brooks lecture. We used to live two floors apart while at Read but didn't meet until yesterday. Funny, hopefully we'll become friends and start to hang out more.

Today I was reading at Henry's when a stranger, Sarah, introduced herself, asked me what I was reading, and invited me over to her table. Her friend Rachel is an English major at IPFW and Sarah is studying Photography. We all shared the common interests in music, movies, and books. Though they tended more towards feminist art, and while I consider myself a feminist, I think that the movement, like all movements, have become too extremist, too reactionary against every perceived slight. Anyway, I hope to see them again sometime. How is it that sometime to private, reading, can spawn so many public meetings?

Good Night.