September 29, 2005

Excerpt from email

I've been typing about my days to a very close friend lately, so I haven't wanted to write the exact same thing later in my blog ... here's an excerpt...

I've been a "hazy daze" for the last week because of my trip to Chicago. It’s the kind of dream that you remember as extremely pleasant but can’t pinpoint why. Whenever people ask me what I did in Chicago, I can never remember, can never give a solid answer. I just know that I didn’t want to be anywhere else.

A decidedly different haze enveloped me when the alarm went off this morning (Tuesday) and Abbey and I went on our second run. Yesterday, we went out for an hour and split the time between walking and jogging. We realized how under-equipped we are, and our cotton shirts and socks were sopping. While I could have kept running (how I underestimated my endurance!). Abbey did win the “first blister” contest. Today we woke up at 6:00 and ran for about 40 minutes, probably walking more since we were recovering from the previous day and most likely because I was a bit sleepy still.

I registered for the Indy mini-marathon yesterday, which forces me to continue training, or else lose 40 bucks (I had no idea what time to put in so I entered 2:20 but my goal is to do it in 1:45). "Maybe,” I think to myself, “Kimberly is also running right now. Feeling the pain of running and the pleasure of breathing fresh air.”

Hearing: Bloody Motherfucking Asshole by Martha Wainwright
Reading: Lolita by Nabokov