October 16, 2006

Why I Keep Blogging

A friend recently posted about giving up blogging. It got me to thinking; here's a few reasons why I keep blogging:

  1. Even though two of the people I enjoy most have never met; they still have an influence on each other. *67 went to see a movie based on Squirrel's recommendation and I am now reading "The Road" because Squirrel mentioned it on his blog. McCarthy was also an author that *67 was reading when he came to visit me once at IU. The human connection in a digital world.
  2. I realize that the banal minutae of my life may not make good reading, it's nice to look back on what's been going on every once in a while. Ultimately, these posts are all about me. The smallest details can trigger the largest memories.
  3. Even though I'm not so good about staying in touch, this blog helps people know what's going on with me and hopefully makes them post what's new in their lives - which saves my cell phone minutes.
My dad was/is in the hospital today and apparantly was on Saturday night. One would think that I would get a call regarding this. My sister told me today. The lack of communication in the M. household stays true. Awesome.