February 17, 2006

Running Errands


I have reached the point in my running where I have enough endurance to do errands while I'm out. Every other week one of my runs is to the bank about 1.5 miles away; I stand in line, rest, and withdraw a roll of quarters so that I can go home and do laundry.

Yesterday, I had to take my car back to the shop because the mechanic didn't cut a 45 degree angle into some part of the brake, as a result, the rear brakes made a knocking sound when the car was slowing down. The problem was easily fixed and there was no charge. So after school yesterday, I walked home, changed into my running clothes and hopped on the River Greenway. I ran up the Greenway through Sweeney, past some kids smoking pot on the bridge, and into the West Central neighborhood. I was a pretty awesome run because instead of running in a circle I was able to run away from my house for 3 miles then drive back home. I was able to see different scenery than I usually do, although I was running a bit faster than usual to make it to the shop before it closed.

It gives a whole new, and more rewarding, meaning on the phrase "Running Errands."