March 10, 2006

The day I bought myself

Yesterday I went to the local clay studios and bought myself. One of my friends is in a local art collective called e4 - they work individually and collaboratively and had a show at the local studio. I bought two paintings.

I've never seen the point of trying to describe art in words. It seems impossible. The Mona Lisa is reduced to a portrait of a lady with a pensive smile. Pollack is a bunch of splatter. You can't describe the way Singer captures the female spirit or how emotional Rothko's colors can be.

Ok, I'll give it a shot. The first one I bought is by Tracy Row and is three small profiles of me looking deep in thought. I was playing chess at the time.

The second one is by Eric and is 6" X 6" and has a windmill on the left and a farmer holding a large red balloon on the right. See, it's hard to picture. Maybe I'll take a picture and post it later. Probably not.